Senior Recruiting Programs Specialist
About the role
Slack’s Recruiting Operations team is looking for a Senior Project Manager to manage a diverse project portfolio of projects for the Global Recruiting team. At Slack, Recruiting Operations is the foundation of the Recruiting team, responsible for all things related to data, tools, process, project/program management, and enablement. Our mission is to make hiring simpler, more pleasant, and more productive and Recruiting Operations is critical to the team’s success.
This role will be at the heart of key priorities and projects for the Recruiting team. The right candidate will have a unique blend of project management experience and domain knowledge of recruiting workflow and candidate life-cycle. We are looking for someone who will act with a sense of urgency when managing competing (and sometimes quickly changing) priorities. This role will be collaborative and cross functional and give exposure to many different groups and allow the opportunity to build relationships and career development. The right person in this role has the opportunity to make a huge impact at Slack!
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead multiple strategic projects and programs of varying scale and complexity to support objectives
- Partner with stakeholders (internal and external to Recruiting) to deliver impact on project roadmap using traditional or agile project management models depending on need
- Develop and use tools and templates grounded in PMI methodology to lead cross functional business partners through the project lifecycle
- Define scope and levels of effort/level of impact, define requirements and prevent scope creep, incorporate relevant data to deliver a clear problem statement and objectives
- Create project plans inclusive milestones, dependencies, track progress and manage resources accordingly for self and team
- Proactively communicate to all stakeholders/project team members by developing effective and timely communication approaches that include actively keeping others informed, sending agenda/recap and reporting emails, conducting training sessions as appropriate
- Proactively work to remove obstacles, escalated issues when necessary while also advocating for solutions/recommendations and enable forward momentum and progress on projects
- Build alignment among key project stakeholders and escalate key decisions as required
- Be consistent in approach and execution
- Perform retrospectives and report findings
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Lead the project team and SMEs responsible for achieving project milestones and project deliverables
What you should have:
- 7+ years experience leading complex projects as a program manager, consultant, or in a similar role focused on People and Places programs
- Understanding of the project lifecycle and can apply project management methodologies including initiation, planning, execution, control, and closure
- Knowledge and proficiency in project management tools, including Project Charters, Project Plans, Roadmaps, Risk Registers, Issue Logs, Change Logs, Decision making models, and Debrief Reports
- Strong communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex information in order to align stakeholders from individual contributors to executives
- Strong stakeholder management skills with employees from varied departments and levels
- Deep understanding of project management tools (Smartsheet, Asana, LucidChart, Trello, Jira, Google Suite)
- Prepare project correspondence and presentations, for status reports, executive updates, meetings, annual planning, etc
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.