Software Engineer (Salesforce Development)
Slack is looking for a Salesforce Developer to join its growing Go-To-Market (GTM) BizTech Team, that will provide systems support to the members of our Sales and Legal organisations. Using strong functional/business expertise and technical proficiencies, this team member will provide development support to business users, in addition to participating in projects and initiatives that will enable and facilitate the continued growth of Slack. You are well-versed in Salesforce Sales Cloud and Sales technologies, shown success in developing Salesforce solutions, and a demonstrable ability to develop solutions for complex business problems.
As a member of the BizTech team, the Salesforce Developer will be responsible for partnering with various business systems analysts to craft, design and develop creative Salesforce solutions. You are a developer at heart and proficient in developing scalable solutions as a catalyst to innovative enterprise-level implementation projects. You will develop line of business and enterprise solutions for Slack's Sales operations teams. You will own translating business requirements into technology solutions and will work closely with multi-functional partners and development teams to deliver. Do you have a passion to develop solutions for sophisticated business problems? Then this is the role for you!
You will be working alongside a group of highly skilled Salesforce specialists to build the breakthrough solutions our business partners need, all the while ensuring the system is stable and scalable.
- Proven track record and at least 4 years of experience in Salesforce development including Salesforce Custom Objects, Apex, Triggers, Web Services, Lightning Components, REST APIs, SOAP Web Services and Migration Tools
- Experience working with Salesforce technologies, specifically Sales Cloud
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ
Key job functions:
- Apply standard methodologies and personal experience to deliver technical solutions on the Salesforce.com platform that satisfy sometimes unusual business requirements
- Translate business requirements and challenges into detailed technical specifications and perform the build activities to deliver a solution from the design stage to a functional application.
- Work as a part of a dynamic team to deliver complex Salesforce solutions using the latest technologies: Lightning Web Components, HTML5/CSS/JS and Apex
- Bring your expertise in both front-end and back-end development on the Salesforce platform for internal audiences
- Bring your development expertise into internal customer meetings and help design and build their architecture
- Leverage your deep knowledge of the Salesforce platform to develop integrations to/from other systems, including consuming or exposing REST/SOAP APIs, industry standards such as OAuth2/SAML, and complementary technology platforms or tools
- Automate processes using Salesforce automation tools, such as Process Builder, Workflows, Formulas, Flow, Assignment Rules
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing new requirements and review test results.
- Keeping SFDC data clean and building a strategy for keeping data clean for future
Specialized knowledge & skills:
- Salesforce Developer (Dev 401) certification highly desired with other Salesforce certifications (e.g.: Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant, etc.) preferred.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce release and change management process.
- Experience utilizing tools such as JIRA
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate key Salesforce performance indicators
- Knowledge of Steelbrick/Salesforce CPQ development highly desired
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.