Privacy & Data Governance Analyst
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. We are looking for a Privacy Analyst to join our Privacy and Data Governance team.
Customer trust is paramount at Slack. Our Privacy and Data Governance team is responsible for developing and evolving the policies and processes that help ensure that privacy is top of mind for all teams at Slack, that our customers’ data is protected, that customers have the tools and information they need to meet their compliance obligations.
You will need to be excited about helping customers, and passionate about privacy, data governance and maintaining customer confidence and trust. New questions and scenarios arise every single day. You will be an agile problem solver who can help create and enforce policies that will scale with our business and technology. You should also be experienced in leveraging technology for process enablement and comfortable using legal policy frameworks to evaluate and answer detailed customer questions. Sound interesting? Come work at Slack! We're nice people.
What you will be doing
- Support in management of sensitive policy, privacy and data protection questions from customers and data subjects wishing to exercise their rights under GDPR, CCPA etc.
- Act as point of contact for our Customer Experience team to advise on and promote the understanding of privacy regulatory requirements, as well as company policies and procedures and help them navigate complex policy, privacy and data protection issues
- Support in maintaining internal process and procedure documentation with functional stakeholders with the aim of strengthening the privacy compliance program
- Partner with the sales team to help them navigate and advise on customer privacy, policy and data protection questions
- Support in building and maintaining reporting dashboards used by the Privacy team
- Partner with internal teams such as Legal, Security, Engineering, Sales and Customer Experience to support customer requests, identify privacy issues, propose solutions and translate practices into official procedures
What you should have
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in a relevant role
- Experience working at a global technology/enterprise software company focused on privacy and/or policy
- Experience in a support environment, handling customer requests relating to privacy and data protection issues as well requests from data subjects exercising their rights
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Analyst skill set – detail oriented and data focused with the ability to think critically and identify process gaps
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, adaptive and lead through influence in a cross-functional and fast changing work environment
- BA degree required - JD, MPP, CIPP or other advanced degree or certification not required but useful
- Accredited privacy certification (such as CIPP/US, CIPP/E)
- Proficiency in French or German
- Prior experience as an administrator of Zendesk or other customer support software
- Experience working with reporting tools (such as Looker) is a huge plus
- You already have a deep understanding of Slack
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.