Sr. Product Manager, Developer Productivity
Slack is seeking a Product Manager to help build a best-in-class software development platform and tooling as the company scales to serve millions more users in the coming years. This role would be part of the Infrastructure Product Management team. The ideal candidate would have experience in one or more of the following:
- Service Frameworks
- Developer tooling and platforms on AWS or other cloud providers
- Build tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- A good understanding of Web Application development
We’re essentially looking for someone who understands what modern-day software developers need and an ability to drive that roadmap.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Develop product strategy and roadmaps for services that power Slack’s developer productivity.
- Work alongside engineering leadership, develop appropriate planning, prioritization, and release management processes to enable us to launch these new features rapidly.
- Drive superb execution against plan, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and the need for frequent and clear communication internally and with customers.
What you should have
- Strong systems-thinking mentality
- Product management experience and a relentless desire to build and maintain solutions in the large enterprise space.
- Strong technical background and data mindset to help develop and measure impact of a solution.
- Passion about Slack and the problem we are solving
- You care deeply about getting the details right in order to ship a best-in-class product.
- You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Your writing is clear and effective.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.