Business Development Manager, Emerging Partnerships
Slack’s platform ecosystem consists of a wide array of incredible partners. From sales software like Troops and Salesforce, to file management tools such as Google Drive and Guru - Slack brings thousands of companies’ favorite apps into the platform to make customers’ working lives more simple, pleasant, and productive.We’re looking for someone to join our Platform Business Development team to help us with our mission to improve partners’ experience. We’d love if you are able to work with partners in 1:1 engagements for high impact objectives and engage in 1:many programs to impact larger target groups at scale. An ideal candidate would be comfortable handling technical conversations with product teams, partner negotiations, and building out new systems and processes with internal stakeholders.Part business development, part product expert, part consultant, this role would allow you to help us shape our largest partner segment’s experience with the Slack Platform.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You’d drive creation of Slack integrations with companies offering software products and services to businesses and business users
- You’d engage 1:1 with partners during key points in their app journey to ensure quality development and an organized launch
- You’d maintain relationships with existing partners, helping them improve their app and drive increased user adoption
- You’d find opportunities to implement 1:many programs that can efficiently and effectively drive partner outcomes at scale
- You’d test playbooks and build programs, and track results based on defined KPIs
- Create and adapt partner assets and delivery channels to maximize impact
- Coach partners to be Platform experts and train their teams on Slack methodologies and resources so they become increasingly self-sufficient
- Partner closely with cross-functional team members to translate partner business needs and product requirements into new solutions for partners and inform product roadmap and prioritization
What you should have
- 3-5+ years of related work experience at a high-performing technology company or in management consulting; enterprise SaaS experience strongly preferred
- Proven track record of devising, executing, and measuring partner programs
- Adept at sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships
- Experience dealing with unstructured business issues and successfully leading team to resolve these issues
- Strong product sensibility, and comfort with considering basic technical feasibility of partner integrations
- Executive presence in working with senior leadership within Slack and within partner organizations
- In-depth experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams (mainly partner engineering, operations, product management, legal, and development marketing)
- Passionate about Slack and the problems we are solving
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.