Email Operations Analyst
Slack is looking for an Email Operations Analyst to join our growing Email Operations team. This team helps make Slack successful by providing business and marketing insights, cross-functional partnerships, and operational execution and excellence.
The Email Operations Analyst will see the full operations spectrum of Slack, while working within the email operations vertical. You will be responsible for working with cross-functionally with Data Engineering and the Analytics team to ensure data is being properly triaged and piped into the correct tables.
You will help manage the technical process for building queries for automations and triggers in addition to being quantitatively driven with the ability to parse data and perform analytics around email performance. You understand why data means what it means and can dissect user engagement which enables you to give recommendations. You have a strong passion for data and will mine the incoming metrics to determine what the next step should be.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Help operationalize and manage the data for email programs to support demand-gen campaigns, nurture campaigns, webinars, etc.
- Coordination of Marketing Cloud email automations and journeys, including planning, asset gathering, building, approvals, scheduling, QA, and execution of test sends and deployments
- Assist in designing, implementing, and documenting automation processes for emails
- Help maintain the performance and health of the email channel with regard to audience segmentation, send times, list hygiene, and deliverability
- Carry out segmentation of the database and implementing marketing strategies
- A/B Testing on various email campaigns to establish the most effective
- Assist in managing the email marketing calendar to effectively field requests from cross-functional teams
- Tracking and reporting on email campaigns in order to guide improvements and ensure current email best practices in the industry are being followed
What you should have
- 3+ years of experience in marketing operations and email marketing.
- Proficiency with data analytics methodologies (statistical, diagnostic, qualitative, etc.)
- Working knowledge of and comfort working with SQL and writing queries
- Familiarity with email tools (e.g., Marketing Cloud), CRM (e.g., Salesforce), and marketing automation tools (e.g., Pardot)
- ETL best practices and comfort with data architecture
- Ability to manage multiple competing projects at various levels of scale
The base pay range targeted for this role is $92,000 - $100,000. This base pay range is for illustrative purposes only. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks stipend; and other employee perks and benefits.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.