Sr. Analyst, Revenue Accounting
Slack is looking for Senior Revenue Accountants to join our Revenue Accounting and Technical Revenue Accounting Teams. As a Senior Revenue Accountant, you will play a key role in Slack's monthly revenue close, account reconciliations, audit, SOX support, and revenue disclosures & reporting. The ideal candidate must be able to interpret, present, and explain complex accounting analysis & issues to various internal business partners and external auditors. Additional activities may include working with (Snowflake, Looker) databases to improve reporting speed & accuracy.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Focus on Revenue Accounting including the month-end close process, reconciliations, and related reporting and disclosures
- Participating in all aspects of the revenue month-end close process, including creating journal entries, performing reconciliations, and SEC disclosures & reporting schedule preparation
- Ensure compliance and proper revenue recognition in accordance within ASC606 and any related guidance
- Assist with external auditors on revenue related requests and documentation
- Participate with legal in revenue contract negotiations to ensure accuracy and revenue recognition compliance
- Drive process improvement and design of automation solutions to further streamline real-time financial data for decision making.
- Experience working with databases and SQL across standard commercial databases
- Perform contract analysis review and prepare related revenue schedules to verify subscription contracts have been accurately recorded.
- Lead and assist with other special projects as needed; drive projects to successful completion
- Work actively with our internal customers (FP&A, RevOps, SalesOps, Legal, Core Accounting, and others) to ensure that all revenue-impacting activities of the company are identified, assessed for revenue recognition conclusions and handled appropriately by as efficient of processes as possible.
- Assist with technical memo write ups
- Help establish Standalone Selling Price for Slack's products
What you should have
- Advanced Excel skills required, Salesforce.com and experience using Workday is preferable.
- Experience with Workday Financials, Salesforce CPQ, Snowflake, Looker, and Slack a plus
- Up to date knowledge of US GAAP as it relates to revenue recognition (ASC 606)
- Experience working for a fast-paced SaaS organization
- Ability to review and interpret contracts
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Database & SQL experience a plus
- Excellent Excel skills
- CPA with audit experience, Big 4/regional experience preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.