Senior Web Marketing Manager
Slack is seeking an experienced web marketing manager to improve the effectiveness of our regional websites in driving quality traffic and creating demand.
Your mission will be to generate marketing qualified leads and pipeline by extending, optimizing, and elevating the international properties of Slack.com and our web marketing funnel in Japan. Day to day activities include collaborating with in-country and centralized marketing teams to develop regionally focussed integrated web strategies that increase awareness, optimize our website experience and increase conversion rates that drive leads and pipeline in the region. The ideal candidate will be an expert in site optimization, personalization, SEO, and web content best practices for the Japanese market.
You will partner with regional marketing, product marketing, demand generation, campaigns, design, content, communications, development, and regional sales teams in Japan and at HQ to develop, scope and implement digital initiatives that are consistent with global web marketing strategies and aligned to regional needs of the business.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and execute regional web marketing plans in partnership with in-country and centralized marketing teams to support regional business goals.
- Manage ongoing content updates to our websites, including copy, content/resources, and SEO, to keep the experience fresh, engaging, and relevant.
- Assess content effectiveness, and drive alignment between marketing campaign narratives and the website user experience and KPIs.
- Optimize the site experience for different audiences, including non-English, mobile, ad-driven, etc.
- Partner with the demand generation, campaigns, regional marketing and content marketing teams to create landing pages that drive traffic, generate leads and increase new teams.
- Manage A/B website tests and translate results into insights in order to determine optimal site design, content needs.
- Track and analyze website metrics and KPIs to assess website health, gain customer insights, and identify new ways to improve the sites.
- Oversee reporting, including key marketing performance indicators, tracking and testing data that is sent to key stakeholders.
- Establish metrics for success partnering with analytics and business operations, interpret results, drive improvements and proactively identify opportunities for growth.
What you should have:
We're looking for someone with talent and a passion for web strategy, that leads to execution and impact.
- 5+ years of experience web marketing experience, ideally in a global SaaS business
- A track record of successful online program execution in both B2B and B2C settings, particularly within freemium subscription products and B2B SaaS enterprise solutions.
- Strong sense of design and an understanding of website structure/navigation and consumer usability principles.
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding data and executing across channels to create customer-focused product experiences.
- Strong user research skills and experience with tools including Clicktale, CrazyEgg, UserTesting.com etc.
- Ability to identify popular themes and types of content our audience would engage with and align them with the appropriate channels.
- Proficient in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Looker, SQL and testing and personalization platforms such as Optimizely.
- Sufficient understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Highly organized and autonomous, but also collaborative and able to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in English and native in Japanese.
- BA/BS or relevant experience in marketing, computer science, or related fields.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.