Customer Experience Manager, Identity and Data
At Slack, our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We consider the Customer Experience team an essential piece of Slack’s success, and we’re dedicated to empowering and supporting our customers to help them get the most out of Slack. Our team helps a large roster of global companies that rely on Slack to keep their business running smoothly. Each customer has specific needs that we aim to meet with unparalleled support.
As a Manager of CE Admin Services for our Identity and Data Support team, you will lead and grow a distributed team responsible for bringing Slack’s legendary customer support to the administrators driving Slack within their organization. You will serve as a strategist and mentor, helping your team remove every barrier to work transformation a customer may face.
This role requires strong leadership, technical acumen, time management, and interpersonal skills. Not only will you be directly responsible for keeping Slack’s customers happy and productive, but you will also have a team of hardworking individuals looking for your guidance to help them reach their goals and grow in their careers. You will communicate openly and regularly with your team members about their performance, aspirations, and well-being. Your outstanding character, passion, and solution-focused orientation will both benefit customers and inspire your team.
We consider Customer Experience crucial to Slack’s success and are committed to giving you the opportunity to do the best work of your life while helping others do the same. Come join us!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide personalized and proactive support to agents and our global customers.
- Motivate and empower your entire team to reach ambitious goals.
- Inspire confidence by setting direction, displaying integrity, and moving toward team goals.
- Work with the regional management teams to forecast, hire, retain, and support a distributed team that loves coming to work every day.
- Develop relationships across the entire organization at Slack to advocate for the best customer experience possible.
- Lead change effectively using strategies that honor the mission and culture of the Customer Experience Team.
- Monitor and drive key metrics that ensure the quality of our service.
- Solve complex technical issues such as SSO, product migrations and complex configurations
- Proactively support the Customer Success team
What You Should Have:
- You have experience building, leading, and running a distributed team that cares deeply about the success of its customers.
- You have a deep understanding of the full sales cycle and use that knowledge to inform our support and services.
- You have a genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team.
- You have prior experience leading customer support for an Enterprise, SaaS-based web application and you know how to do it well.
- You have experience collaborating with peers and forming agreement across cross-functional teams
- You have experience working with identity providers (Okta, Azure, etc.)
- You have an understanding of how Enterprise businesses use technology. You’re familiar with concepts like single-sign-on (SS0), e-Discovery (eDISCO), and virtual private networks (VPNs).
- You identify areas where resources fall short of needs and provide thoughtful and balanced solutions to benefit the team.
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker. You communicate your vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of partners.
- You are available to work assigned shift rotations as needed in accordance with local laws and regulations.
- You can work with us in our Vancouver office or remotely in British Columbia.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.