Software Engineer, Frontend
What you will be doing
- You'll collaborate with backend and search ranking engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code that integrates with real-time data streams and API endpoints
- You'll brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- You'll assist our skilled Customer Experience team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production in your primary area
- You'll learn about and use new web technologies
- You'll like the work you do, enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, and log off on time
What you should have
- Experience building responsive layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- UX and design sensibilities
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and empathy
- You have completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 1+ years experience with React and Redux, Lodash, and/or CSS preprocessors like LESS or SASS
- Experience working on consumer facing products
- The Git workflow, including pull requests, code reviews, and CI/CD systems
- Any of the technologies we write about on our blog at https://slack.engineering/
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.