Account Executive, Enterprise
We are looking for an Enterprise Account Executive to join our sales team and focus on enterprise customers in Japan. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same. You will be responsible for driving sales opportunities with prospective customers as well as expanding business within existing accounts. You will work closely with our customers to understand their business objectives and act as their trusted guide for using Slack most effectively. You'll also work with cross-functional teams to help align our product roadmap and marketing materials with customer feedback.
If you're an established sales professional with a proven track record in helping customers achieve lofty goals, we should talk!
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close
- Establish lasting relationships with senior executives and decision-makers
- Help educate customers on the value of Slack throughout their adoption cycle
- Build Slack awareness at all levels of an organization
- Identify customer needs to ensure customer success with special emphasis on signup, upgrade, and renewal
- Collaborate with other members of the sales team (solutions engineers, customer success managers, leadership, etc.) to build strategic adoption plans for customers
- Prepare and educate customers on new features and releases
- Monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product
- Handle all customer communication and organize/escalate issues appropriately including: billing, legal, security, and technical inquiries
- Drive revenue through proactive outreach to key accounts
What you should have
- You have 5+ years of software sales experience, preferably in SaaS
- You are a self-motivated teammate that can act independently
- Experience presenting to senior managers and the C-Suite
- You take an active interest in opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- You have a consistent track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions
- Ability to orchestrate and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- You are flexible, adaptive, and resilient
- Japanese fluency required, English reading and writing skills would be a plus
- You have a post-secondary degree, or equivalent experience
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.