Senior Alliances Manager
We’re looking for an experienced Alliances & Channels professional to inform and execute a partner strategy that enables Slack to further build our ecosystem of System Integrators (SIs). You will recruit, onboard and manage a broad range of SI partners, including Global SIs, and work closely with our Sales organization to establish partners as an extension of our go-to-market strategy. You are passionate about being part of a high growth company whose platform is transforming the way in which we all work, making our working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. This is a high profile role with the ability to create enormous value within Slack’s go to market capabilities.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Recruit, onboard and manage regional, national, and global system integrators as part of your portfolio
- Inform and execute Slack gtm and enablement partner programs in AMER
- Develop specific account plans to include annual & quarterly goals, marketing support, requirements, etc.
- Be the primary point of contact for partners throughout the partner lifecycle
- Assist as needed in the development of required support materials for the program
- Work with AE’s and Sales Leadership to implement co-selling campaigns to source net new pipeline and to accelerate/influence existing pipeline.
- Work with Sales and CS to identify solutions areas that need to be served by SI’s and subsequently work with SI partners to bring those solutions to market.
- Understand and communicate market opportunities, needs and partner feedback to cross-functional team to inform product and customer success roadmap and prioritization
- Develop mutually-beneficial and trusting relationships with partners - make Slack a favored company with which to partner
What you should have
- 8+ years of relevant alliances and channel experience
- Proven success building GSI and National SI relationships from very early stages
- 12+ years overall work experience
- Self starter. Equally comfortable taking direction as informing strategy.
- Passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Great track record of sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships
- Strong product sensibility, and comfort with considering basic technical feasibility of partner solutions.
- Experience in enabling sales organizations to co-sell with partners
- Experience working with partner programs in their infancy
- Executive presence working with senior leadership within Slack and within partner organizations
- In-depth experience operating within and project managing cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc..)
- Previous direct sales or services sales experience at Enterprise SaaS company preferred
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.