Sr. Software Engineer, Data
Sr. Software Engineer, Data
Slack is looking for a data engineer to join the Data Tools team. The team provides data users the tools they need to accelerate insights generation and enable informed product decisions. We work with Product engineers, Advanced Data Users and Data Scientists to centralize and standardize content, provide dashboarding capabilities, enable data transformation, host notebooks etc.
We are looking for people who are product-focused, have deep technical skills and are comfortable contributing to a growing analytics platform. You are independent and passionate about having a huge impact at Slack. You will translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions by designing dashboards or visualization using BI tools to perform data analysis to support the business.
In this role, you will help empower the entire Slack product org to become more data-driven. You will collaborate and help power analytics across multiple functional teams such as Product Management, Software Engineering, Sales, Security, Release Engineering and more.
What you will be doing
- Design and drive execution of our data visualization and tooling roadmap to build highly resilient, scalable and reliable means of data consumption to work well within SLA limits
- Partner with Advanced Data Users, Analysts and Product teams to understand current and future data needs around queries, dashboards, interfaces and tracking/rollout of the same
- Find potential opportunities for building new tools to scale and provide self-service solutions
- Focus on release automation, making use of technologies like Docker, Kubernetes for the CI/CD pipeline
- Identify, document and promote data engineering best practices throughout Slack
What you should have
- Proven ability working in data architecture, metadata management, analytics tooling and visualization
- Passionate about business reporting and analytics
- Experience using Big data technologies like Airflow, Kafka, MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark and Visualization tools
- Proficient with Python, Java or Scala
- Technical knowledge and proficiency with SQL to perform data acquisition, segmentation, and aggregation from varied data sources
- Familiarity with SDLC and Agile methodology
- Knowledge of AWS technologies like S3, EMR, Lambda or similar is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to optimally collaborate with technical and business partners
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.