Sr. Analyst, Revenue Accounting
Slack is looking for Senior Revenue Accountants to join our Revenue Accounting and Technical Revenue Accounting Teams. As a Senior Revenue Accountant, you will play a key role in Slack's monthly revenue close, account reconciliations, audit, SOX support, and revenue disclosures & reporting. The ideal candidate must be able to interpret, present, and explain complex accounting analysis & issues to various internal business partners and external auditors. Additional activities may include working with (Snowflake, Looker) databases to improve reporting speed & accuracy.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Focus on Revenue Accounting including the month-end close process, reconciliations, and related reporting and disclosures
- Participating in all aspects of the revenue month-end close process, including creating journal entries, performing reconciliations, and SEC disclosures & reporting schedule preparation
- Responsible for reconciliation & review of Stripe credit card transaction processing
- Ensure compliance and proper revenue recognition in accordance within ASC606 and any related guidance
- Assist with external auditors on revenue related requests and documentation
- Participate with legal in revenue contract negotiations to ensure accuracy and revenue recognition compliance
- Drive process improvement and design of automation solutions to further streamline real-time financial data for decision making.
- Experience working with databases and SQL across standard commercial databases
- Perform contract analysis review and prepare related revenue schedules to verify subscription contracts have been accurately recorded.
- Lead and assist with other special projects as needed; drive projects to successful completion
- Work actively with our internal customers (FP&A, RevOps, SalesOps, Legal, Core Accounting, and others) to ensure that all revenue-impacting activities of the company are identified, assessed for revenue recognition conclusions and handled appropriately by as efficient of processes as possible.
- Assist with technical memo write ups
- Help establish Standalone Selling Price for Slack's products
What you should have
- Advanced Excel skills required, Salesforce.com and experience using Workday is preferable.
- Experience with Workday Financials, Salesforce CPQ, Snowflake, Looker, and Slack a plus
- Up to date knowledge of US GAAP as it relates to revenue recognition (ASC 606)
- Credit card processing system (Stripe, Square, Recurly)
- Experience working for a fast-paced SaaS organization
- Ability to review and interpret contracts
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Database & SQL experience a plus
- Excellent Excel skills
- CPA with audit experience, Big 4/regional experience preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $80,400. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks stipend; and other employee perks and benefits.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.