Customer Marketing Lead
Our mission in Customer Marketing is to create customer stories that support our category creation and empower our innovative community of people who are changing the way they work forever in Slack. Our team plays a leading role in guiding the marketing organization (and entire company!) become more customer-centric with our storytelling. We’re looking for someone to join our team who has experience in crafting narratives that move away from being feature-centric and instead focus on big, transformative stories that position customers as industry leaders.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for developing and cultivating long-term, strategic relationships with CXOs who are championing Slack in their orgs, as well as the Comms leaders within these organizations. You’ll become a specialist on how customers are using Slack, uncovering use cases and ROI that demonstrate the value it brings to their business. You’ll flex your talents by thinking like a marketer but operating like a strategic member of the account team, finding ways to share success stories that drive further adoption and maturity through these engagements.
At its core, the role is about crafting opportunities to put customer stories at the heart of everything we do and showcase the value of Slack and our vision to help organizations thrive in this all-digital, work from anywhere world. This person will develop a deep understanding of our customers and their usage of Slack, have excellent written and visual communication skills, and must thrive in operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and competitive environment with a focus on customer success.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we seek to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Work closely with customer success, sales, product marketing and comms teams to identify and craft stories of our most strategic customers to support our go-to-market initiatives
- Create programs and repeatable processes for how we include customer stories in our company’s most pivotal initiatives including launch moments, events, and brand campaigns, ensuring the customer voice is represented throughout
- Produce rich customer stories across all formats, channels and full-funnel activities including blogs, case studies, videos, demos, webinars, speaking opportunities, etc.
- Lead every stage of the co-marketing relationship lifecycle with outstanding attention to detail, making the engagement as easy and high-value for the customer as possible
- Lead a cross-functional team of partners across content, PMM, creative, and external agencies to create compelling customer stories
- Help scale customer marketing programs to support our rapidly growing team!
What you should have
- 7 + years of relevant marketing experience with at least 5+ years of customer marketing in the B2B enterprise space
- Significant experience working directly on marketing-related activities, including integrated campaigns, product launches, press releases, analyst relations and more
- Proven experience effectively driving consensus across diverse teams in multiple departments, time zones, and functions with individual priorities
- Great customer and executive stakeholder communications skills
- Creative and inventive problem solver capable of operating both in a strategic capacity and a hands-on/execution capacity
- A customer-first approach with a passion for storytelling
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $122,900. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks stipend; and other employee perks and benefits.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.