Slack is hiring an Associate Brand Designer to help us tell the world about Slack through thoughtfully crafted content and engaging experiences. You’ll be joining a dynamic group of designers, illustrators, animators, and writers on our Brand Design team to build awareness of the Slack brand and product benefits. Designers serve a vital role here—from the craft and finish of every detail on our high-traffic public-facing websites, to designing the look and feel of multiple customer-facing touch points. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. You will partner with Brand Designers across multiple diverse projects to help improve delivery, polish, and performance. The ideal candidate for this role is self-motivated, willing to help out on any project, and is excited about collaborating and learning from the other talented team members.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Work closely with the Creative team to scale and amplify the Slack brand in new ways across our website and digital channels
- Design for a wide range of projects including web, email, social, and performance marketing to create a consistent narrative across all marketing touchpoints
- Work with our production partners to help create assets at varying sizes
- Provide art direction for photoshoots
- Use our established design system to modify, test, and create landing pages for desktop, tablet, and mobile
- Help us connect with our global audience through the localization of both visual and copy assets across platforms
- Partner with our global marketing team, engineering partners, copywriters, and product designers to shape the brand personality of Slack
What you should have
- 3+ years relevant work experience on a communication/brand design team, either on an in-house product-oriented team or part of an agency
- A demonstrable foundation of design principles and an eye for details through alignment, hierarchy, typography, grid, and user experience
- Strong desire to collaborate with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Ability to brainstorm and see an idea through from concept to launch
- Strong desire to learn how to prototype and create user flows as a means to explore and convey design solutions. Prior experience is a plus!
- Photography, animation, and image retouching skills are a bonus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Figma and Adobe CC
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.