Sr. Platform Support Agent
Our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We consider the Customer Experience team an essential piece of Slack’s success, and we’re dedicated to empowering and supporting our customers to help them get the most out of Slack. Our team helps a large roster of influential global companies that rely on Slack to keep their business communication running smoothly day-to-day. Each customer has specific needs that we aim to meet with unparalleled support. We’re committed to giving you the opportunity to do the best work of your life, while helping others in doing the same. Come join us!
As a member of our Platform Customer Experience team, you will be responsible for directly supporting customers - whether that be developers utilizing our APIs to build integrations or users interacting with Slack apps - providing customer insights to product, design and engineering teams, and leading new feature launches in Slack. You will solve complex customer issues, mentor team members and lead team initiatives that continuously improve the customer experience. As an owner of customer satisfaction for the individuals and teams you work with, your job is to see issues through to their resolution, communicate effectively, and collaborate with teams across Slack to remove any barriers for the customer.
We are the voice of our customers.
What You Will Be Doing
- Become a specialist in API- or integration-related product features and troubleshoot complex customer issues by reading documentation, building test apps, narrowing in on reproducible steps, and collaborating with others.
- Provide fast, accurate and personalized communication to Slack users through email.
- Solve customer issues by developing expertise in relevant product areas and by troubleshooting complex customer issues.
- Identify and surface customer trends and process improvements through collaborating and with teams across Slack.
- Empathize with every aspect of the customer experience, leading initiatives to continuously improve how, why, and when customers receive support.
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of your team and the company through mentoring and sharing feedback.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation to support new and existing feature launches, often working with Product and Engineering.
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs for the Engineering and Product teams to support quicker customer resolutions and improve our ability to mitigate customer friction.
- Recognize customers' needs and advise on ways to improve their organization’s performance with Slack.
What You Should Have
- You understand web services, including transport (primarily HTTP), common data formats (JSON), and standard API patterns (e.g. REST).
- You can write code in at least one language to gather data from web services and use it for your own purposes.
- You have relevant professional experience and maintain a keen interest in providing outstanding customer support experiences.
- You are an articulate communicator, proficient in both verbal and written English/language and enjoy crafting clear and concise messages to customers.
- You are hardworking and eagerly embrace the challenge of solving problems, both with software and soft skills.
- You are curious about technology and have a solid understanding of the impact to business when something in software goes wrong.
- You are a standout teammate who believes that the whole is greater than the sum of all parts.
- You are empathetic and enjoy teaching complex issues to customers and team members at all levels of proficiency.
- You have a track record of proposing high impact improvements and executing them collaboratively.
- You have a high degree of self-awareness, are adaptable in changing environments and can maintain composure – you model this for your team.
- You are resourceful, flexible and hold yourself and the team accountable to results.
- You lead initiatives, follow through on your commitments and persevere in the face of obstacles.
- You have a post-secondary degree or equivalent professional experience.
- You can work with us in our Toronto office or remotely in Ontario.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.