Manager, Customer Success, High Touch
The Manager, Customer Success is a vital part of the management team for Slack’s broader sales organization. In this role you will lead the strategy and execution for our customer success team to ensure the successful adoption, maturity and growth of our Customers across Slack’s customer base in the Japan market. You will focus primarily on driving success within our Large Enterprise and Enterprise Customer segments. The focus of this role is to be a coach and strategic planner for a team of customer success managers (CSMs). Another key part of this role is meeting and engaging with our customers and establishing relationships with key executives within our customer base.
You will understand the customer success managers’ role, processes, paths to success, and help define this within the broader sales organization. You will also work with our strategic customers to understand their business objectives and act as their trusted consultant and advisor in their use of Slack, ensuring they realize business value. At a team level, you will gather customer feedback and requests while working with internal teams to help align customer adoption with our product roadmap. You will ensure that your team successfully drives forward Slack’s key performance metrics. Additionally, you’ll work effectively and collaboratively with other managers and leaders across the broader sales and Slack organization to drive success for both customers and Slack.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop a customer success strategy and vision for the Japan market
- Identify customer needs and collaborate with Accounts and other internal teams to ensure customer success with special emphasis on adoption, expansion and renewals
- Partner with the Sales organization to engage in pre-sales activities for high value opportunities
- Provide operational oversight of the business to deliver on targets and KPIs
- Prioritize where we invest our resources and efforts with customers
- Hire, coach, train and develop a team of customer success managers that wins, has fun, and lives the Slack values
- Lead the Customer Success team to ensure that each CSM is successful and driving the team towards key performance metrics
- Manage the team to conduct periodic customer health-checks and review customer health scores with an emphasis on customers’ success with Slack
- Monitor and identify adoption, maturity and growth trends for the team and customers to inform customer and business strategy
What you should have:
- 6+ years of customer success experience, preferably within a SaaS organization, with at least 2 years in a management role
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Strong track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing long-term software solutions
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Ability to build trust and rapport with a customer success team
- Ability to challenge team members and be challenged to achieve team goals
- Proactive interest to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor, on-site with customers
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Written and spoken fluency in both Japanese and English
- Bachelor's degree required
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.