Manager, Software Engineering, Platform Mobile
Slack is looking for a leader to join our Platform Mobile team within Slack's Developer Platform organization. The mission of this team is to make sure all of the platform features work delightfully on the Slack iOS and Android apps. Our software runs on millions of devices every day.
The main responsibility of this person will be to meet regularly with engineers and stakeholders in order to gather feedback on topics ranging from project progress, internal processes, to general satisfaction. They’ll plan in quarters, and help set the team vision for the next few years. Platform Mobile works closely with the other engineering teams within Developer Platform.
What you will be doing
- Lead and mentor a team of senior/staff iOS and Android engineers in delivering features to our customers.
- Build a diverse team while encouraging a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Implement effective engineering processes and policies
- Lead projects from discovery to delivery, driving initiatives that impact the larger team of 70+ engineers, engineering managers, and product managers.
- Drive product roadmap and initiatives, and participate in technical design.
- Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities.
- Represent Slack engineering and management at industry events.
What you should have
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience recruiting, managing, fostering and retaining talent on a technical team.
- Experience leading mobile developers.
- Ability to ship complex projects in an environment with multiple dependencies in a high impact area.
- Hands-on experience building APIs, web applications and interactions with clients.
- High level of accountability, bias to action and a desire to empower individuals on the team to perform at their best.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.