Sr. Data Scientist, Virtual HQ
We are hiring an experienced data scientist for our Virtual HQ product team. This cross-functional team is building features within Slack to allow companies to be more productive while embracing a fully-remote or hybrid working model. This is the biggest opportunity to invent the future of work since we first launched Slack!
Our Virtual HQ team recently launched Huddles, a way to recreate quick, informal conversations that would have happened in the office in Slack. We are also building new video and audio-based messaging features that are seeking to replace formerly synchronous, in-person processes and meetings.
In this role, you will seek to understand how these features are being adopted and how they are shifting the nature of collaboration within Slack. You will help to establish the foundational analytics infrastructure for Virtual HQ. You will be a strong partner to PMs, Researchers, and Engineers as you work collectively to refine Slack’s strategy in this new area.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Apply various data science methods to understand the most meaningful aspects of our product, users, and business
- Evangelize evidence-based decision making by partnering with key decision makers and driving general accessibility of data and insights
- Organize disparate facts and findings into narratives that inform product strategy
- Define and drive alignment around success metrics for new product areas
What you should have
- 5+ years of professional industry experience doing quantitative analysis. An advanced degree (MS, PhD) in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Physics) is a plus.
- A proven record of using data to drive product teams to achieve ambitious goals
- Expert in at least one programming language for data analysis (e.g. Python, R)
- Expert in designing and testing experiments
- Experience with statistical and machine learning methods to build descriptive and predictive models
- Experience working with data technologies that allow effective storage and analysis of large amounts of data (e.g. Spark, Presto, Hive, etc)
- Experience working on video and audio-based products is a plus
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.