Director of Product, Activation
Slack is looking for a Product Leader for our Activation team. This person will lead the team responsible for helping the 1M+ teams that start using Slack every year successfully get off the ground, across our $1B+ run-rate Self-Service and Enterprise businesses. The team owns the entire new customer and new user journey across every platform (web, desktop, and mobile), from landing on Slack.com through sign-up, onboarding and the entire first month experience. It is scaling rapidly, with the amount of new paid teams added doubling year-over-year. This is critical to Slack’s overall business as nearly every new company that starts using Slack begins with bottoms-up adoption.
We know every team wants to move faster, get aligned, and feel connected – from the Fortune 500 to the Fortune 500,000. These needs are becoming even more pronounced as digital transformation accelerates to keep up with the world’s all-at-once shift to distributed work. Covid is compressing a decade-long shift into a year. Hundreds of millions of people are looking for new tools to help make their teams more productive and happier as they dive into this digital-first future. Our CEO has always believed that the hardest part of growing Slack is for people to quickly see the value of working in this new channel-based paradigm and that’s the core focus of this group.
We are looking for a Product Leader who can continuously up-level our new team and user journeys. This role is perfect for leaders who take a portfolio-oriented product strategy, have an ownership mentality for driving impact, are data-informed to find insights, focus on customer empathy and product craft, and love to constantly see how much faster we can learn and execute. This person should thrive in managing and developing PM teams, and enjoy driving bold new bets themselves when needed. As hundreds of millions of people are moving seemingly overnight to work in this new hybrid remote world, this area’s critical mission is to build product experiences that make the working lives of people using Slack for the first time simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing:
- Lead product strategy, design, and execution for driving the new team and user experience for every company from the Fortune 500 to the Fortune 500,000. This work spans the website, desktop, and mobile apps.
- Drive a step-function increase in the rate new teams and new users become successful and stay retained on Slack.
- Create a consumer-grade mobile experience that feels like the best of the messaging app world but designed for the workplace and channels.
- Accelerate the pace of shipping and learning, while keeping our product quality bar high.
- Help shape Slack’s product development process while we grow, as part of the product leadership team.
What you should have:
- A consistent track record of product management leadership in rapidly growing organizations.
- Experience building and leading product teams, including managing and developing people.
- Portfolio-oriented product approach for balancing bold, high-upside bets with quick wins.
- Ownership mentality from what we build to how we market. Accountability for driving business impact, in an experiment-driven product culture, ideally in Hybrid SMB or Consumer Growth.
- Highly technical and capable of wading into the details, but can also drive from 30,000-foot view.
- Data-informed and experiment-driven style to optimize for learning.
- Deep customer empathy and product craft to sweat the Little Big Details.
- Ability to juggle dozens of projects, big and small, while driving relentless product execution.
- Excellent executive presence and resilience to embrace a deep level of engagement from senior leadership, including the CEO, CTO, CPO, and CFO.
- Ability to adjust direction rapidly, learning what levers are most effective. .
- You are a talent magnet for people who want to collaborate with and work for you.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.