Senior iOS Performance Engineer
Slack is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience building high-performance iOS apps that get the job done. We love engineers who believe performance is a key feature of every product we build, and don't mind digging into some stack traces to make things faster. We love performance optimization, improving maintainability, and iterating on best-practices with the rest of the iOS teams. Our team is cultivating a culture of performance at Slack.
Our work depends on working closely with other teams at Slack, so communication and collaboration skills are a must. This is an opportunity to work on a small team that directly affects how Slack’s desktop web client is built.
This position is remote and reports to one of our engineering managers.
What we are looking for:
- You have extensive experience building iOS applications, and can share many platform quirks.
- Experience using tools such as Instruments to debug and improve application performance.
- You have experience fixing memory leaks in an iOS application, and wouldn’t mind doing it again.
- You would love to help improve not only our application’s performance, but also the telemetry stack in use.
- Diving into a new system to understand mysterious behavior excites you, and the phrase “things are slow, but only sometimes” sounds like the start of a great adventure
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- You are comfortable with SQL and making sense of data.
- You are a strong communicator and are equally comfortable talking with your immediate team, other frontend engineers, or even backend infrastructure engineers.
- You are ready to learn, but just as excited to teach.
- You understand that the perfect solution is informed by the people who will be building on your work, rather than being purely dependent on technical merits. Empathy is a feature.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.