Slack is hiring a Junior Designer to help us tell the world about Slack through thoughtfully crafted content and engaging experiences. You’ll be joining a dynamic group of designers, illustrators, animators, and writers on our Brand Design team to build awareness of the Slack brand and product benefits. Designers serve a vital role here—from the craft and finish of every detail on our high-traffic public-facing websites, to designing the look and feel of multiple customer-facing touchpoints. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. You will partner with Brand Designers across multiple diverse projects to help improve delivery, polish, and performance. The ideal candidate for this role is self-motivated, willing to help out on any project, and is excited about collaborating and learning from the other talented team members.
Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Work closely with the Creative team to scale and amplify the Slack brand in new ways across all marketing touchpoints
- Design for a wide range of projects including web, email, social, and events to create a consistent narrative
- Work with our production partners to help create assets at varying sizes, while ensuring adherence to our brand guidelines
- Collaborate with designers to brainstorm, concept, and provide art direction for photoshoots
- Help us connect with our global audience through the localization of both visual and copy assets across platforms and printed materials
- Leverage existing templates to create email campaigns, sales materials, and landing pages
- Work closely with our global marketing team to support strategic and field events from ideation through production of assets
- Partner with our global events marketing team, engineering partners, and copywriters to shape the brand personality of Slack
What you should have
- 2-3 years relevant work experience on a communication/brand design team, either on an in-house product-oriented team or part of an agency
- A demonstrable foundation of design principles as they apply to both digital and printed applications and an eye for details through alignment, hierarchy, typography, grid, and user experience
- Strong desire to collaborate with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Ability to brainstorm and see an idea through from concept to launch, with support of the team
- Receptive to feedback and a strong attention to detail and consistency
- Knowledge of print production and file preparation
- Photography, animation, and image retouching skills are a bonus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Figma and Adobe CC
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.