Senior Analyst, Product & Engineering BizOps
BizOps at Slack is a cross-functional team that sits at the intersection of data, operations and strategy. As a centralized team we support Product, Engineering, Marketing & Sales. One of our team values, “Act as COO”, highlights the work that we do: Our stakeholders rely on us for our objectivity and data-driven perspective, our action-oriented approach and our 360 degree business context where we connect the dots, and our consultative partnership.
As a Sr. Analyst you will be a member of our PDE BizOps team, which partners with our global Product, Design and Engineering (PDE) organization. As a member of the team, you will deliver insights that drive decision-making, execution and investments for key product initiatives. In this more operations-focused role, success requires analytical savvy, problem-solving sophistication and a dedication to making the highest impact.
This is a strategic finance role that has the following mandate:
- Drive a smooth investment allocation planning process through a deeper understanding of our product and engineering portfolio and ensuring the right tools and data to create leverage for our PDE organization.
- Partner with our Self-Serve business to deeply understand the customer journey funnel and its respective dynamics, understand the impact of key initiatives (e.g., Slack Connect, trials), and forecast business outcomes.
- Explore, evaluate and support new investment opportunities and strategic initiatives (e.g., our Platform strategy).
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
- Serve as the primary point of contact from PDE BizOps / Finance to our CPO and CTO. Partner with them on strategic headcount planning, which can include tracking and presenting team ratios, hiring velocity, internal transfers, and more.
- Build and update forecasting models, in coordination with Corporate Finance & Recruiting, around hiring and attrition.
- Work with Product and Engineering Chiefs of Staff to maintain hiring priorities, approve internal headcount changes and manage the backfill approval process.
- Build dashboards (including writing queries, if possible) to track and report on quarterly PDE key performance indicators (KPIs) & measures.
- Identify net-new valuable work and spearhead initiatives to streamline processes and increase efficiency.
- Communicate solutions confidently and effectively across Slack.
- Build a consultative relationship across the organization, and meet with strategic partners that align with our highest priorities.
We strive to build a culture that balances our values with high standards of execution. You are someone who can:
- Master Excel, scenario modeling, sensitivity analysis, etc.
- Remain meticulous and detail oriented while working on a variety of projects.
- Simplify huge data sets, complex problems and extract insights with frameworks and analyses.
- 2+ years of related work experience at a high-performing tech company (Saas experience preferred)
- Advanced analytical skills (including data modeling) and business insight
- Experience with financial systems (e.g., Workday Financials, Anaplan)
- Ability to build clear and concise models and presentations
- Effective communicator with peers and senior leaders
- Strong project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Practical experience writing SQL queries and pulling data from relational databases
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.