Software Engineer, Internal Tools
About the Team
The Slack Internal Tools team makes the development and release of new code safe and enjoyable for our developers. We maintain Slack's deploy pipeline, continuous integration infrastructure, and code review process.
You will be a critical member of our “Buildy” team,‘Buildy team’ focuses on frontend builds and frontend tooling. This team is responsible for the toolchain our engineers use to build, package, test, and ship all of Slack’s frontend: think webpack, babel, AST transforms, npm dependency management, and all the glue that stitches these things together.
Software Engineers at Slack work in a highly collaborative environment, and that is particularly true within Developer Productivity where we are focused on improving the working lives of our fellow engineers across the company. One size does not fit all so please bring your bag of tricks and ability to teach them to others.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
About the Role
Slack is looking for a Software Engineer II for the Developer Productivity Team. This is a full-time engineering position open to remote locations in the US.
What you will be doing
- Using Webpack, Babel and other build tooling to create and maintain Slack’s frontend builds
- Building build systems which are reliable and easy to operate
- Delivering systems that allow our engineers to build Slack safely, quickly and reliably
- Owning key metrics around build performance, throughput and failure rates
- Take on-call rotation to help our engineers with dev builds
What you should have
- 2+ years of experience in building scalable softwares
- Experience with build, continuous delivery and deployment systems.
- Previous work with and knowledge about various frontend technologies. For example React, Typescript, eslint, less, et.
- Empathy for your colleagues coding experience.
- Possess extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
- Excellence as a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Be a constant learner who is looking to solve interesting and challenging problems.
- Take direction from your mentor and senior engineer well, provide your input and move fast
- Experience with webapp frontend build ecosystem, with tools like webpack, babel, Node.js, npm, etc.
- Experience with frontend build tools like Webpack, Babel and Bazel.
- Experience with Docker, Chef, AWS, GCE or Azure
- Experience with SQL queries and/or Honeycomb
- You've used Slack and are excited to make it better
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.