Sr. Associate, Sales Strategy & Operations
Slack is looking for a highly driven Sr. Associate with exceptional critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills to join the Americas Sales Strategy & Operations team.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally with a wide range of teams across Sales, Customer Success, Finance, Data Science, and Operations to drive key strategic and operational initiatives. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, a natural strategic thinker and highly proficient with using data to answer business-critical questions. Whether you’re instrumenting key sales performance metrics or thinking through our go-to-market motion, your work will have a direct impact on Slack’s business performance in the Americas and globally. This role is great for someone who is passionate about building deep operational expertise while driving growth for a high-growth SaaS tech company in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Help to define and drive strategic sales priorities at the region- and segment-levels, in partnership with the Americas sales leadership team
- Develop, instrument, and maintain sales Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and support the rhythm of the business through weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Evaluate business performance, diagnose root causes, and prescribe action informed by data-driven insights
- Assist with annual planning, including headcount allocation and sales territory design
- Drive special projects and provide analytical support to senior Sales leaders
- Act as a trusted thought partner to a range of cross-functional stakeholders across Slack
- The role is based in San Francisco, CA (although remote workers will be considered) and will report to the Senior Manager of Strategy and Operations for the Americas
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years of experience in Consulting / Banking or in a similar role at a high growth SaaS tech company
- Self-motivated team player with innovative ideas to drive revenue growth at Slack
- Ability to frame business problems, design and execute analyses to inform solutions, and communicate insights with a bias towards action
- Strong project management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Excellent command of Excel (lookups, pivots, formulas) and high degree of confidence with handling and analyzing large data sets
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.