Software Engineer - iOS Automation
The team behind Slack is looking for Software Engineers to join the Engineering team. As a member of the team you will use your deep understanding of testing on the iOS platform to make the Slack mobile experience be the best it can possibly be. Slack on mobile devices is relied upon by millions of users every single day - we need engineers who want to make it a joy to use!
A Typical Week:
- You’ll define mobile test automation strategy and implement automation solutions for new features and improvements to existing features
- You’ll partner with the engineering team to integrate test suites into the continuous integration system
- You’ll collaborate with the QA and Customer Support teams to understand common issues and incorporate them into new test automation scenarios
- You’ll communicate the quality of the product through metrics
- Work with our build and release team to ensure a stable continuous integration system
- Recent experience performing automated testing for mobile devices or for web applications
- Experience with a mobile automation framework
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and empathy
- Strong experience with bug tracking tools and procedures around logging and tracking bugs
- An excellent understanding of networking and mobile network issues
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, and an interest in developing the abilities of others
- Self awareness and a desire to improve your skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Experience using Slack, and a keen interest in making it better
- Experience with iOS provisioning and build settings
- Experience with XCTest, XCUITest, KIF, or similar
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.