Senior Solutions Engineer
Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
We are searching for an exceptional Senior Solutions Engineer to partner with Large Enterprise Account Executives to help map customer business objectives to Slack’s Platform. The ideal candidate will be technically minded with a keen understanding of the sales process. They will apply a consultative approach to working with customers and demonstrate technical prowess in selling to CIO’s and senior IT leaders. They will be experts in the product and evangelists of the Slack Platform, handle tough objections with poise, and lead successful evaluation cycles to gain product fit consensus.
If you’re an established sales professional with a proven track record in helping customers achieve lofty goals, we should chat.
- Partner with Large Enterprise Account Executives on key accounts to drive deals and influence ARR
- Act as a liaison between Product and Sales, funnelling customer feedback to help shape the product roadmap
- Educate customers on the value of Slack’s platform through tailored product demonstrations
- Lead security evaluations, occasionally responding to security questionnaires
- Work with customers to understand and validate technical requirements (Data Loss Prevention, Single Sign On, E-Discovery, Platform Integrations)
- Contribute to the success of a rapidly changing and growing organization
Required skills and experience:
- 8+ years of sales engineering or solution consulting experience in a SaaS organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a knack for delivering compelling presentations
- Track record of successfully overcoming technical and security objections; problem-solving is in your DNA
- Familiarity with API development and service integrations is a plus
- Bachelor's degree required
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.