Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A
Full Time (San Francisco, CA)
Slack is seeking a dynamic Financial Analyst to scale with the Corporate FP&A team and support our rapidly growing organization. This role will focus on business partnering with our Research & Development teams – (e.g. engineering, product, design) and will have the opportunity to take on other strategic projects. We’re an extremely lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
Sound interesting? Are you lovely to work with? Then don't stop reading and come work at Slack, we’re nice!
- Help drive the Company’s annual planning and budgeting process
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial BVA reports for senior management
- Work with the Accounting team to lead the monthly close process
- Identify and measure key performance indicators that drive business performance
- Assist business partners in conducting financial impact / return on investment analyses (e.g. server cost impact on Gross Margins)
- Build positive relationships with budget managers (be the go-to person for all things finance related)
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally in Finance, Economics, Accounting)
- 2+ years of investment banking and/or FP&A experience at a technology company (SaaS experience preferred)
- Advanced in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Desire and eagerness to grow with the company
- Systems experience: NetSuite + Financial Planning software (e.g. Host Analytics)
- Experience in the Software / SaaS industry strongly preferred
- Positive attitude with high aptitude to learn new things.
- Great teammate with strong interpersonal and communication skills
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.