Technical Customer Success Manager
Our Technical Customer Success team advises and guides a wide variety of customers, ensuring they launch Slack successfully, adopt it widely and are continually driving business value from Slack.
Our TCSMs work closely with customers to discover their business needs and challenges and then coach them on the best ways to use Slack to solve them. Working closely with Slack’s Account Executives and Customer Success Managers to leverage Slack product and platform expertise and provide recommendations on relevant solutions specific to customer’s business needs.
Part coach, project manager, consultant and product expert, our Slack Technical Customer Success Managers are continually focused on helping our customers improve their team communication and be successful with Slack.
- Partner with Customer Success Managers in managing a small portfolio of high profile accounts
- Leverage Slack product and platform expertise, to provide relevant technical recommendations on solutions and enhancements specific to customers’ business needs.
- Monitor and identify trends in Slack adoption and utilization, and provide guidance to customers
- Enable Release Readiness.
- Ensure prompt and complete resolution of technical challenges and business issues that have been escalated, coordinating with internal teams (Sales, Customer Experience, Product Management or R&D) to meet customer needs, while managing customer expectations.
- Provide timely account or issue executive summary status reporting both to customers and management.
- Empathize with every aspect of the customer experience, putting customers’ needs first.
- Partner closely with other cross-functional team members to translate business needs and product requirements into new solutions for customers.
- 4+ years relevant work experience in a technical customer-facing customer success, account management or strategic consulting organization. SaaS experience a benefit.
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong internal and external relationships
- Proven track record of both for analyzing technical concepts and translating them into business terms, and for mapping business requirements to technical features
- Experience dealing with large scale, technologically complex accounts, which are constantly challenging product capabilities
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- Bachelor’s Degree
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.