Technical Customer Success Manager
Our Technical Customer Success Managers work closely with our largest and most strategic existing customers to advise them on utilizing Slack to bring a new perspective on how to get work done including integrating Slack with their internal systems and applications.
Working closely with our Account Executives and Customer Success Managers, Technical CSMs apply their expertise in development, integration, solution architecture, compliance, and security to help customers use Slack for more than messaging, so it ultimately becomes the engagement layer for their core business systems, apps, and workflows.
Establishing a close working relationship with customers’ senior technical stakeholders (CIO, CTO, Head of IT etc), and developers, our Technical CSMs demonstrate a keen ability to listen and synthesize complex business and technical problems into scalable Slack solutions, subsequently advising the customer on how to implement them.
With a strong emphasis on listening & discovery, our Technical CSMs work to become trusted technical partners, showing existing customers the art of the possible with Slack and helping them make maximum use of Slack’s platform and API capabilities.
- Own and develop the ongoing technical relationship with a designated set of existing strategic Slack customers, becoming a trusted technical partner for their Senior technical leadership (CIO, CTO, Head of IT etc), engineers, and developers
- Gain a deep understanding of the customer’s technical landscape, current pain points, and vision for the future, identifying integrations with Slack that solve key business problems, increase productivity, and drive increased business value
- Advise and coach the customer’s developers and engineers on how to make maximum use of Slack’s Platform and API’s, providing pseudo code and mockups if required
- In collaboration with the account team, coordinate any relevant internal resources (e.g. Product, Engineering, Customer Experience) that may be needed for critical technical escalations in relation to product migrations or issue/incident resolution, including owning and leading any communication back to the customer
- Provide education/training to customers on the latest product, platform and API updates
- Drive product innovation through surfacing customer input and product ideas based on customer interactions to Slack’s Product, Engineering, and Customer Experience teams
- Work closely with CSMs on ongoing rollouts where they are deploying use cases that would benefit from a technical/architecture perspective
- 4+ years relevant work experience in a technical customer-facing customer success, account management or strategic consulting organization. SaaS experience a benefit.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to modify style, approach and content to the audience (developer through C-Suite)
- Experience working in a customer facing role with large strategic customers, and directly with Sales, Customer Success, Professional Services, and Product/Engineering
- Extensive experience with Platforms, API’s, SSO, and Security and Compliance solutions
- Experience architecting complex solutions with a focus on increased productivity, scalability, and performance
- Superb problem solving skills - proactively crafting and selling customer vision on how to make Slack a core part of their system landscape, and reactively handling technically focused customer escalations
- Experience coordinating internal resources for migration projects, product updates, issue and incident resolution together with owning and managing any relevant customer communications
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.