Senior Enterprise Researcher
Slack is hiring a Senior User Researcher to work on Slack Enterprise Grid, our newest product. In this role you will lead research efforts partnering with stakeholders in product, design, sales, customer experience and PMM. Researching Slack’s enterprise product includes not only understanding the needs of our enterprise customers, but also understanding the sales experience, marketing efforts, the onboarding process and ongoing analytics. If you’re excited about the opportunity to grow Slack usage among enterprise companies, we’d love for you to join our team.
The User Research team aims to improve product value throughout the entire customer experience by understanding the how and why of team workflows, communication processes and cultures. To do this, we provide research at every stage of the product development cycle, and as a user researcher you are embedded in a product vertical alongside a team of designers, PMs, engineers and other cross-functional partners. In addition to conducting many different types of practical and impactful research, you are also excited about helping to build and maintain the strong user-centered culture at Slack.
Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, with everything in between. The right candidates will be strong researchers, excellent communicators, passionate about technology, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the design of Slack. You'll help us conduct best-in-class research in order to better deliver on Slack’s mission: to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
- Gather and prioritize key customer and product questions from product, design, engineering, and accounts teams.
- Plan and conduct practical and impactful research throughout the entire product cycle, to answer the questions posed above.
- Gather insights about customers from a variety of research methods, including surveys, interviews, diary studies and usability studies.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative results and convey those insights to the appropriate people in the most engaging and actionable manner.
- Work closely with the product teams to help them use research insights to make Slack better.
- Work closely with other insights teams to tell a cohesive story about our customers.
- Act as an internal evangelist for customer and product research.
- Masters or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science (or similar), or equivalent experience
- 5+* years industry experience
- 3+ years enterprise research experience
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams
- Highly effective collaborator and communicator
- Willingness to "get your hands dirty" doing a wide variety of research-related tasks, including recruiting participants
*Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what’s more important to us than a number are the experiences you’ve had, and the skills you’ve developed, regardless of the length of time it took you to get where you are. Have 20+ years? Awesome, please apply. Have only 2 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Great, please apply.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.