Engineering Manager- Core Product
Slack is looking for an Engineering Manager to help lead the web application engineering team. This team is responsible for developing new features, building infrastructure and maintaining the site.
The main responsibility of this person will be to meet regularly with the engineers on the web application engineering team in order to gather feedback from them on topics ranging from project progress, internal processes, career development, mentoring, and general satisfaction.
- Helping set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings
- Meeting with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies
- Represent Slack engineering and management in industry events
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You’ll have several years of serving in either an engineering management role or a senior engineering team lead role..
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.