Engineering Manager - Web
Slack is looking for an engineering manager to help lead the web application engineering team. This team is responsible for developing new features, building infrastructure and maintaining the site. This person will report to the Head of Web Engineering and will work alongside our engineering management team.
The main responsibility of this person will be to meet regularly with the engineers on the web application engineering team in order to gather feedback from them on topics ranging from project progress, internal processes, career development, mentoring, and general satisfaction.
- Helping set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings
- Meeting with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies
- Represent Slack engineering and management in industry events
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You’ll have several years of serving in either an engineering management role or a senior engineering team lead role.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.