As part of our Sales and Customer Success team, Engagement Managers work with our largest and most strategic customers to position, scope and oversee the delivery of services that accelerate the deployment and adoption of Slack.
Engaging early in the Sales cycle with key customer stakeholders (including the C suite), Engagement Managers are responsible for effectively articulating and positioning the value of Slack’s services methodology and approach.
A key responsibility is conducting discovery sessions with customers in order to gain a detailed understanding of their requirements, translating these into an overall project plan and Statement of Work (SoW) that aligns with the customer’s goals, mitigates risk and details the scope, estimated timeline, resources, deliverables and cost.
Engagement Managers assemble and lead the project delivery team through to “go-live”, owning and driving the project plan, establishing a suitable governance structure, managing and scheduling delivery resources together with stakeholder and issue management and escalation.
- Lead pre-sales services efforts with multiple customers
- Conduct detailed requirements scoping
- Own Project plan and Statement of Work creation
- Manage project delivery resources according to plan
- Ensure deliverables are completed on schedule and milestones are met
- Ensure delivery against plan, budget, time and cost
- Manage scope change requests appropriately
- Own stakeholder management and engagement communications
- Resolve project delivery issues in a timely fashion
- 5+ years engagement/project management experience (preferably in a SaaS Software environment)
- Excellent consultative and communication skills
- Strong business development & sales experience (ideally in a Services environment)
- A track record of high customer satisfaction
- Experienced with change management and adoption methodologies
- Project Management Certification preferred
- Motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty
- Prove experience building strong internal and external relationships
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- Bachelor’s Degree
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.