Engineering Manager - Android Quality
Slack is looking for an experienced, skilled Quality Assurance Manager to join our fast growing organization. This is an excellent position for a seasoned manager that appreciates the importance of manual testing, creating a strategy, building a team, and designing a high quality application.
You will be responsible for
- Leading a small team of 5-7 Quality Engineers and providing mentorship, advising on career growth opportunities, and actively identifying process improvements.
- Monitoring coverage and quality of the test cases that make up our robust suite.
- Managing and balancing information, priorities, and tasks across a wide range of product/feature areas.
- Assisting with release train planning and working with our Product teams to prioritize features.
- Being a reliable and friendly source of early feedback on new functionality and feature changes.
Your typical week might include
- Participating in and/or leading team meetings to assess workload, estimates, and team health.
- Conducting weekly 1:1 meetings with the QA team on topics ranging from project progress and internal process to career development and general happiness.
- Working with your team, developers, and product managers to understand upcoming features, feature priorities, and how to provide the best coverage.
- Collaborating with your iOS counterpart on shared test plans and test cases.
Things we believe are important for this role
- You have been successful doing hands on QA.
- You have several years of serving in an engineering management role.
- You are well organized and can manage time effectively, monitor team progress, and keep an eye on the release train without losing sight of the details.
- Your track record as a leader is strong and you know how to mentor and help your team grow in their careers.
- You have experience with usability, accessibility, and localization testing and can champion quality practices within your team or the organization.
- You can collaborate closely with Engineering to isolate and reproduce defects across all parts of the system and identify gaps in coverage.
- You can work with Product and Development teams to prioritize bug fixes, maintain the bug list, and own tracking/reporting of metrics.
- You possess the ability to think creatively and approach the Slack client from multiple user perspectives, with sensitivity towards pain points that could represent loss of a team or user (whether it’s an actual bug or not).
- You can improvise and are flexible - standard QA processes won’t always work at Slack.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.