Public Relations and Communications Coordinator
Slack is an enterprise software platform that allows teams and businesses of all sizes to communicate effectively. Slack works seamlessly with other software tools within a single integrated environment, providing an accessible archive of an organization’s communications, information and projects. In other words, Slack brings all the pieces and people together so you can actually get things done. We provide a transformative experience and we care deeply about how our customers relate to our brand, and our product.
The PR & Communications Coordinator is critical to our success: you will help build the foundation for our growing communications team and assist us in managing our day-to-day operations. This role will give you in-depth exposure to corporate, executive, product and crisis communications and afford you an opportunity to grow, learn and stretch yourself with our team. This is a newly formed role for Slack, and this Coordinator will be helping to build the infrastructure for our team. We seek a creative self-starter who inspires confidence!
- Help build out our corporate, product and crisis communications function
- Research and track editorial calendars
- Develop and maintain media lists, and assist with the tracking of daily media inbounds
- Research key industry trends and Slack-related topics
- Manage day-to-day operational tasks including drafting briefing materials and coordinating logistics for Slack spokespeople
- Work with our in-house and agency teams to develop repeatable processes for activities including media tracking, coverage reporting, document organization, note-taking, social media, etc.
- Support events and launches, from planning to execution
- Help build our executive speaker’s program
- Field, track and help evaluate executive speaker opportunities
- Own the executive speaker calendar (ensuring it’s updated, identifying potential conflicts, etc.)
- Develop executive briefing materials
- Hunger for an exciting opportunity; ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in!
- A self-starter, able to run with projects with (at times) minimal direction
- Passionate about Slack and about learning about how work is evolving
- Demonstrates exceptional writing skills
- Collaborative and able to work cross-functionally
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines consistently
- Creative, thoughtful and passionate about storytelling
- Skilled at managing up, prioritizing and setting expectations as needed
- Open and effective communicator; someone who is not afraid to throw out an idea or challenge an existing one to help advance Slack’s mission
- Curious; eager to learn and open to trying new things
- Flexible, adaptable and open: able to juggle multiple projects at once and unphased by change whenever it happens (because in this environment things can and do often shift very quickly!)
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.