Learning Content Specialist
Are you passionate about writing educational content, with an eye for engaging design? Do you want to reinvent how people learn to use software? Do you love a challenge? We want to talk to you!
Slack is looking for a Learning Content Specialist to join our User Education team. This team builds interactive learning programs to give customers the tools they need to transform the way they work. You’ll be writing compelling new curriculum and improving existing content.
Our ideal candidate will have a talent for explaining complex concepts simply and succinctly, be familiar with metrics used to track the impact of learning programs, and be able to think about user education strategically. They’ll have a passion for writing great content, and work with team members across our organization to design learning that meets the needs of customers across many roles and industries.
- Write and produce delightfully helpful training materials for Slack’s customers that are interactive, innovative and effective
- Keep all training content up to date and ensure the training content roadmap is is aligned to the highest value product features
- Measure content effectiveness and rewrite/rework content based on results
- Work closely with other members of the Customer Experience team to ensure that customers get the best support possible
- You have substantial experience writing, managing, and facilitating curriculum in online spaces. You know how to do it well
- You love writing and enjoy spending your time crafting content that is “just right”
- You’re an expert in adult learning theory
- You’re a strong, confident, and exacting instructional designer. You make design decisions that result in engagement and retention for adult learners
- You’re naturally curious, love learning new things, and are proactive in sharing knowledge with others
- You love to experiment, and are comfortable with the unknown
- You possess a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion
- You work well with others, especially those who think differently from you
- You know when something is over your head and aren’t afraid to ask for help
- Previous experience writing training content for software products
- College degree or equivalent professional experience in adult learning required
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Light image editing skills
- Perspicuity in all things
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.