Localization Project Manager
As the Localization Project Manager for Slack, you will help deliver a great user experience to our customers around the world by working with external and internal teams around process and project deliverables.
Your primary task will be centered on helping the localization team scale its processes to accommodate requests from the entire organization.
In this capacity, you will create new workflows, source external linguists, track projects across different departments as deliverable requests evolve, and build a structure that can ensure timely and quality delivery of all projects.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define project scope and deliverables, as well as identify risks and responsibilities.
- Drive the localization project process from start to finish internally and externally, keeping track of projects across different departments, setting dates that can enable delivery of a quality product and communicating with the linguist team on any roadblocks.
- Gather feedback and gain consensus from cross functional stakeholders and provide regular updates.
- Collaborate regularly with all members of the localization team, involving them in projects as needed.
- Monitor, measure, and communicate the progress of projects, as well as potential risks and delays.
- Manage vendors and external linguists — from testing and selection to onboarding and quality evaluation.
- Understand localization workflows, identifying tooling and process needs that will enable us to scale operationally.
- Communicate and coordinate with our translation management system vendor on any linguistic or technical issues to ensure operations function smoothly.
- Define metrics to measure the success of new initiatives, and hold retrospectives to learn from and improve our programs as we go.
- Work with the localization manager to identify and track project budgets across the company.
- Experience in a localization project management role, leading large initiatives on tight timelines.
- Prior experience using project and translation management tools, software, and processes such as JIRA, Trello, Smartling, Transifex, etc.
- Proven ability to build relationships and gain influence in a cross-functional work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to clearly communicate information and decisions to the right people at the right time and in the right way.
- Extremely organized and capable of managing all duties related to content localization autonomously.
- Strong written communication skills, with experience writing documentation to support programs and projects you are managing.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills, in leading meetings, retros, or status check-ins.
- BS/BA in a related field required or equivalent experience.
- English fluency required. Fluency in a non-English language is a bonus.
- Must be able to work in San Francisco, CA.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.