Global Head of Total Rewards
Slack is looking for a seasoned leader to ensure that our global compensation and benefits programs are aligned with our culture and rewards philosophy to attract, retain and motivate our people. You will be in a hands-on and strategic role reporting to our Vice President, People, and will be responsible for Slack’s compensation, benefits, immigration and mobility programs. If you thrive in a rapidly changing environment, like to help scale programs and processes, and work with smart and nice people -- Read on!
- Lead Total Rewards team to refine and implement Slack’s global compensation strategies and programs
- Lead all compensation planning events including strategic planning, project management, and training rollouts
- Partner with HR Business Partners, Recruiters, Hiring Managers, Finance, and Executives on pay decisions, policy, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions for specific compensation-related programs
- Partner with the HR Business Partners to design and execute company-wide feedback, promotion, and compensation cycles
- Partner with HRIS team to design and implement Workday requirements
- Lead regular market and ad-hoc analyses of base pay, variable pay, equity, long term incentives, and benefits to ensure market competitiveness
- Minimum of 15 years work experience, with at least 10 years focusing on compensation and/or benefits programs
- Proven experience building and leading a Total Rewards team through a sustained, high-growth period
- Strong aptitude for understanding business needs and building programs to meet those business objectives
- Experience with implementing, iterating, and scaling Total Rewards programs based on the changing needs of the business
- Expert knowledge of compensation and benefits principles and techniques
- Experience working with board compensation committees to design executive compensation programs and articulate the company’s compensation philosophy
- Big analytical muscles to dive into the data to have evidence-based discussions and decision-making
- Comfortable presenting, articulating strategy and points of view with all levels of the organization
- Hungry and open to trying new and creative approaches to achieve our objectives
- Absolutely obsessed with adding value and getting things done with a high level of craftsmanship
- Humble, self-aware, dependable, and committed to help cultivate the culture of the team and company.
- You like emojis
- Sense of humor a huge plus
- Experience with Workday
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.