Program Manager, Desktop
Slack is seeking an experienced Program Manager to drive technical programs for Slack’s desktop engineering team. In this role, you will partner with product, quality, infrastructure, and development teams to improve the process and capabilities of the team.
You understand the benefits of moving quickly and thrive when given the opportunity to design systems. You have experience collecting product and business requirements for highly-complex, technically-complicated projects — just like the ones we face here at Slack.
We are a small team making a large impact. We rapidly iterate and work closely with other teams in engineering and product to continuously enhance the performance, reliability, and quality of the desktop applications.
- Work across teams to drive and enable growth by leading the execution of programs and projects
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, release, and post release phases
- Plan and execute high value cross-team meetings
- Build and maintain timelines, role & responsibility matrices, project plans, and communication artifacts to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Perform risk management and scope management on projects
- Drive process improvements across multiple functions within the team
- At least 2 years leading planning, resource management, project lifecycles, and workflows in a dynamic product or engineering organization
- Experience working with engineering teams that release native clients and/or versioned software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers and identify technical risks
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience managing activities across multiple teams
- Demonstrated track record of delivering complex technical projects and programs with cross-functional teams
- Preference for applicants who have worked directly with Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.