User Research Intern
Slack is looking for interns to work alongside our User Research team during the summer of 2018. These internships are a unique opportunity for someone pursuing a PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science (or equivalent), who wishes to gain hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment. You will conduct research, and in partnership with a team of cross-functional partners, will contribute to the development of Slack.
You will have the opportunity to work with a small and collaborative team, and will be paired with one of our senior user researchers who will act as your mentor throughout the program. You’ll have the ability to see the impact of your work on the product, and learn how research is done in industry.
We’re looking for researchers who are able to do one or more of the following: conduct user interviews, facilitate usability studies, design and analyze surveys, or conduct ethnographic research.
- Gather insights about customers from a variety of research methods, such as surveys, interviews, diary studies and usability studies
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative results and convey those insights to the appropriate people in the most engaging and actionable manner
- Work closely with the product teams to help them use research insights to make Slack better
- Work closely with other insights teams to tell a cohesive story about our customers
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and empathy for users
- Self awareness and a desire to improve your skills
- A curiosity about how things work
- An eagerness to jump in and help fix things
- Previous intern experience is a plus
- Must be graduating December 2018 or later
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.