Product Writing Intern
We are hiring a Product Writing Intern to help bring clarity, concision, and delight to the Slack product. Writing is a valued craft at Slack: We partner deeply with Product Designers, Product Marketers, and Product Managers to ensure the user experience of Slack’s products reflects our company values of empathy, courtesy, and playfulness. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a small and collaborative team, and you’ll be paired with a Product Writer who will act as your mentor throughout the course of the program. This will be a paid internship in our San Francisco office.
- Develop product copy/content strategy for your features
- Partner closely with User Research, Product Design, Product Marketing, and other stakeholders to understand the requirements for features and produce clear, humane, and pleasant user experiences
- Partner closely with Engineering to ensure high-quality and accurate implementation of your work
- Give thoughtful feedback to other writers, and present your own work for feedback
- Always find just the right word, and the right emoji
- Must be graduating December 2018 or later
- A cover letter and writing sample (writing for software interfaces is a plus)
- Some previous work experience where you were part of a team
- A strong product/design sense and ability to recognize when copy isn’t the solution to a problem
- Understanding of the Slack voice, and ability to extend it and adapt it based on context
- Familiarity with a design tool such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, or the ability to learn quickly
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.