Program Management Intern
Slack is seeking an intern to join our Program Management team for the summer of 2018. At Slack, program managers work across the company, leading programs and projects that drive our growth. As a member of the team, you will focus on the tools and processes we need to successfully execute strategic initiatives across the company.
Working within our diverse, experienced team of program managers, you will help build the foundation for our growing team. This will include doing research and discovery about the needs of various teams within Slack, learning how our program management team currently delivers projects, and defining the ideal processes for project delivery across the company.
Your work will include working with a variety of teams across Slack, engaging with business leaders to understand how they work best -- and how program management can best support their work to achieve their strategic goals. You will define innovative, sustainable processes that will help us scale our work, drive efficiency, and lead to a more enjoyable work experience for your colleagues.
- Love ambiguity
- Have strong organizational skills and be deadline driven
- Be equally excited by executing the details as well as mapping out strategic goals
- Possess familiarity with basic project and program management methodologies and tools
- Have experience working with stakeholders across an organization
- Have exceedingly strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with a passion for distilling complex ideas in easy to understand ways
You'll also have:
- Curiosity about how things work and dedication to continuous improvement
- Empathy for business partners and the drive to help them achieve their goals
- Commitment to learning from others that equals a passion for sharing what you’ve learned
- Prior experience that demonstrates your abilities as a program manager, consultant or in a related job
- Passion for delivering on Slack’s mission within the company
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s Degree program
- Must be graduating December 2018 or later
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.