Workplace Project Management Intern
As a Workplace Project Management Intern, you will assist in identifying, documenting and executing logistical, culinary, accessibility and sustainability processes, policies, and procedures. You will help lead or handle project operations at a global level. Researching and vetting out solutions, creating standards and training our teams on best practices for each assigned project. Actively find scalable solutions for operational challenges and improvements for procedures and processes for the Workplace Team. You also will liaison and develop working relationships and communications to support all internal key partners, employees, vendors and other business partners for Slack.
- Develop and implement scalable SOP’s for our many facilities led roles and operations.
- Identify needed management tools that improve team and employee productivity.
- Identify ways to simplify daily operations and processes while maintaining a focused on the Slack core values and budget guideline requirements.
- Educate and improve our standards on Sustainability and Accessibility by ensuring that we are focused on Slack’s global environmental impact by identifying new ways that Slack and it’s vendors can make and craft ecologically sound choices to reduce our carbon footprint in the environment.
- Conduct reviews and audit existing service process and procedures to identify more efficient effective ways Workplace can support.
- Create a baseline compliance standards including auditing and reporting and evaluations into a functional development process.
- Communicate and train others on standard methodologies and record report data for analytic review.
- Collaborate with partners to ensure Workplace projects/programs are communicated and effective in all of our global offices.
- Find solutions to reduce resources and that are economically in alignment with our company goals.
- Must be graduating December 2018 or later
- Proficient in tech writing
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Adobe, Excel spreadsheets
- Familiarity with Slack as a product (Posts, Bots, and Integrations)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience in budgeting and accounting
- Self-motivated and empathetic
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.