Workplace Operations Intern
Slack is looking for a pleasant, supportive, and extraordinarily talented student to join our Workplace Operations department as an Intern for the Summer of 2018 in our San Francisco office. As our Workplace Operations Intern in San Francisco, you will be exposed to various aspects of a thriving technology. You will help ensure our location is running optimally and that our space is a happy reflection of our open and creative culture. If you are detail-oriented, proactive, strategic and have excellent communication and organizational skills, we want you! As Slack continues to grow its team globally, you will be able to help anticipate our needs, you will be exposed to plan build outs at our current site and future offices.
- Work with a team that meets the facilities needs of our office and help build a world-class and supportive workplace
- Assist on any future office expansions including property visits, lease negotiations, contractor management, furniture procurement, as well as coordination of all employees and vendors
- Assist with IT and Communications needs into project plans
- Help maintain the relationships with the building’s landlords, maintenance staff, and IT personnel to ensure services run seamlessly
- Help design and execute project plans, crafting timelines, scheduling, communicating, and coordinating steps to vendors
- Help identify and communicate any facilities maintenance and improvements issues, such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, utilities, and HVAC
- Review and help implement proper safety policies and programs for the office
- Help ensure security systems and policies are up to par and communicate workplace safety to employees
- Must be graduating December 2018 or later
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Must have a can do attitude
- Able to assess financial costs and propose budgets, while sticking to planned budgets
- Broad understanding of various facilities maintenance functions and able to communicate building issues of various types.
- Knowledge of safety standards for the region a plus.
- Knowledge of negotiating commercial office leases and handling various vendors
- Strong project management experience, including developing a long range Workplace plan, planning commercial interiors
- Customer Service Focused
- Ability to work in Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail/Gcal, Google Docs and of course, Slack
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.