Brand Copywriting Intern
We are hiring a Brand Writing Intern to help us tell powerful stories that enable millions of people to understand Slack’s mission and products. Writers serve a vital role here: from telling stories about new features to crafting campaign emails. We appreciate writers who think deeply, communicate clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, come work with us!
What you will be doing
- Working collaboratively with various teams such as marketing and internal communications to help explore and define messaging opportunities.
- Writing for a wide range of digital and print collateral including event materials, performance ads, presentations, campaign emails, brochures, and other branding identity materials — from concept to production.
- Contribute meaningfully to idea generation and solicit and incorporate feedback on your work from your design and marketing mentor, other designers, and cross-functional team members.
- A portfolio featuring writing samples showcasing excellent copywriting skills, strong conceptual and critical thinking skills.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of packaging web, print, catalog and/or direct marketing copywriting work for different products and brands.
- The ability to collaborate with diverse teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions.
- You are pursuing an undergraduate or graduated education. Advertising, Advertising Design, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or English majors (or minors) are highly preferred.
- You must be graduating December 2018 or later
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.