Senior Customer Success Manager
Our Customer Success team advises and guides a wide variety of customers, ensuring they launch Slack successfully, adopt it widely and are continually driving business value from Slack.
You'll work closely with Slack’s largest enterprise customers to discover their business needs and challenges and then coach them on the best ways to use Slack to solve them.
Working closely with Slack’s Account Executives, you'll provide input into their strategic customer plans, helping them to identify areas where existing customers could improve their use of Slack or uncovering new uses for Slack amongst their customer portfolio. You will serve as the trusted point of contact for Slack’s portfolio of strategic key accounts, beginning from the point of sale and extending through onboarding, project success, and renewals.
Part coach, project manager, consultant and product expert, our Senior Customer Success Managers are continually focused on helping our customers improve their team communication and be successful with Slack.
What you will be doing
- Work solely with enterprise customers to develop a success plan that outlines how Slack will be addressing their critical need both immediately and in the future
- Develop metrics for success and review progress during QBR’s
- Empathize with every aspect of the customer experience, putting customers’ needs first
- Guide and coach customers and Account Executives with dedicated customer success processes
- Travel and meet with customers onsite to discover and understand their needs and help them develop a Slack onboarding process
- Coach customers to be product experts and train their teams on Slack methodologies so they become increasingly self-sufficient
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction with a focus on customer dedication and loyalty
- Partner closely with Account Executives and other cross-functional team members to translate business needs and product requirements into new solutions for customers
- Craft customer onboarding assets, adapt existing customer onboarding assets and work with product marketing to refine existing and create new onboarding assets
- Help drive customer references and case studies
What you should have
- 7+ years relevant work experience in a customer-facing customer success, account management or strategic consulting organization. SaaS experience preferred
- Experience supporting deployments with large enterprise customers across tens of thousands of users
- You consider project management a strength and have experience using internal resources and stakeholders to execute against deadlines within a complex organization
- You know how to build trust and communicate effectively with C-Suite, VP, and Director-level contacts, along with day-to-day users of the software
- Experience in an enterprise solution sales environment and ability to partner with account executives in development and closure of sales opportunities is preferred
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong internal and external relationships
- Consistent track record of highly-professional customer service in a dynamic, start-up environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.