International Revenue Manager
Reporting to the US-based Senior Revenue Manager, the International Revenue Manager will be part of the Revenue team that promotes consistent revenue recognition practices and ensures that Slack international entities report revenue in accordance with US generally accepted accounting practices.
You will be the Revenue Technical/Operational lead for our International business and work closely with various stakeholders to structure deals that meet customer needs and maximize revenue. You will be responsible for recommending continuous improvements to the Order to Cash process so that it can scale and support our high-growth core business and new business initiatives. You will interact externally with customers and internally with Sales, Business Operations, Billing Systems, and Legal working closely with US counterparts to ensure consistent application of policy and process globally. You will be expected to coach and mentor revenue analysts to support billing, order management, non-standard contract deal structuring (Deal Desk) and revenue accounting’s monthly close.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who is hands-on, process driven, highly detail oriented, cares about continuous improvement and is always striving to make things better. Sound interesting? Come work at Slack, we’re nice!
- Participate in contract negotiation in collaboration with Sales, Legal and Business Ops teams
- Collaborate with Business Systems and Engineers to design an effective Order to Cash process and system
- Identify issues that may result in adverse revenue recognition impact and work with respective teams to address root causes
- Train business partners whilst working closely with them to ensure consistency in application of Revenue policies and practices
- Help establish Standalone Value for Slack’s services
- Ensure Revenue is accurately recorded, including appropriate revenue allocation as required by ASC606
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or similar degree required
- Holds a recognized accounting qualification, preferably with a background in a Big 4 accounting firm
- At least 5 years post qualification experience in an international technology company
- Working knowledge of US Revenue recognition accounting standards: ASC 605 (including Software Revenue Recognition SOP 97-2 (ASC985-605) and multiple element arrangements EITF 08-01 (ASC605-625), ASC 606
- Advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience in Slack platform a plus
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
- Excel in working across various cross-functional teams
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.