Engineering Manager - Mobile Developer Experience
Slack is looking for an engineering manager to lead our Mobile Developer Experience (DevXP) team. This team is responsible for enabling mobile development at Slack at an ever-increasing scale. At Slack, we believe that the best mobile applications are developed by the mobile teams that have the best internal tools, the most stable automated testing infrastructure, and an extensive performance benchmarking toolset.
In addition to leading the growth and output of the Mobile DevXP team, the manager of this team will work closely with the mobile application infrastructure teams and teams across the company with the sole mission of making Slack the best place in the world to develop mobile applications. This team has a truly diverse skillset with experts in Android and iOS tool ecosystems, testing automation systems, and backend services. Slack is looking for an engineering manager that can help provide focus within this broad mission and work with the team to execute on the highest impact initiatives.
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision.
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization.
- Represent the team in planning meetings, effectively communicating the relative priorities and impact of team goals.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- Represent Slack engineering and management in industry events.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You have several years of serving in an engineering management role.
- You have previous experience in the mobile space and you are up to date on best practices within the mobile development tool ecosystem.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a dynamic and quickly-growing company.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.