Slack is looking for a detail-oriented Executive Assistant to join our growing team in Dublin. This role will be a key factor in Slack’s long-term success, supporting 3 members of our growing Sales team. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to kick-start their career in the technology start-up space or for a career administrative assistant who is looking to contribute to one of Silicon Valley’s fastest growing technology companies. Do you have a natural inclination toward logistics? Are you fast-learner who loves a challenge? Do you thrive at managing multiple demands and priorities in a dynamic environment? Are you lovely to work with? Then don’t stop reading! Come work at Slack! We’re nice too.
- Provide administrative support to 3 key Europe sales leaders at Slack: our Head of Sales, EMEA (Europe, the Middle East, and Africa), Enterprise Sales Manager (both based in Dublin), and Head of Sales, UK (based in London).
- Manage the coordination of internal and external meetings, including travel arrangements.
- Be a “need-filler” - anticipating what is required to make a busy team successful - from grabbing lunch on busy days to ordering office supplies.
- Meticulously file expense reports
- Act as a liaison both internally and externally, greeting guests, managing the setup of meetings, and maintaining a sense of professionalism at all times.
- Demonstrate superior attention to detail
- 3+ years prior experience in an executive support role, supporting multiple calendars, or similar
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Highly proficient in Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar, and Google Docs
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Flexible - in terms of responsibilities and responsiveness with a positive “can-do” spirit
- Natural ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Quick learner - have a “knack” for tech – able to figure out new systems and adapt on the go
- Independent - you will be able to work under little direction and exercise sound judgment when making time-sensitive decisions
- Self-starter - knows when to trust instincts and when to ask for help
- Problem solver - you will be able to actively find a creative solution efficiently and proactively
- Trustworthy - must have impeccable discretion with access to sensitive company, customer, and personal information
- Professional demeanour and comfortable working with executives and VIP visitors
- Experience working with multiple executives in a fast-paced environment preferably in technology, media, internet, or related companies
- Experience working with clients, high-profile guests
- Previous startup experience, preferably in a rapid, high growth environment
- Friendly, upbeat attitude, and ability to keep up with our terrible puns and gifs
- A user of Slack
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.